The information technology industry, also known as IT, is in constant development and transformation, for this reason it is essential to work in an IT team that is at the forefront of all advances and that has both technical and soft skills.
The concept of IT or information technology is based on the study and development of information systems such as software applications and computer hardware. On the other hand, IT teams are usually small groups of professionals capable of developing, deploying and maintaining large-scale systems so that modern companies can operate without interruption.
What types of IT team are?
To build a successful IT team, you need to take into account the needs of your business in order to form a specialized team that covers these needs. There are multiple types of teams that have different functions and objectives, here we tell you about the types of IT equipment and their characteristics:
- Operations teams: These teams are usually called IT Service Management (ITSM) teams and focus on the operation, supervision and availability of the technological infrastructure such as networks, data centers and web services. Operations teams are permanent and often supported by sophisticated “command center” style monitoring infrastructures.
- Project teams: They meet to solve a specific problem, implement a system or make a change. By definition, projects are temporary initiatives, so once completed, it is common for the team to disband, team members to be assigned to a specific area, or the entire team to move on to another project.
- Support teams: They share characteristics with the operations and project teams. The support teams are permanent and, like the operations teams, perform service management functions to help the company operate without interruptions. They are also similar to project teams in that they address specific problems. IT support teams are often thought of as operations teams that are assigned several “small projects” each day.
- Process teams: These teams, also known as business support IT teams, are permanent and are responsible for owning, managing and improving the IT systems of a specific business process. They are typically made up of analysts, project managers, and data experts, and partner with project teams to deliver specific deliverables.
How do I build my ideal team?
Once you are clear about what type of team you want to form, you can take into account the following guidelines to build an ideal IT team.
- Integrate your IT team with leaders: in this way the company identifies the IT team as a strategic member to achieve the organization goals.
- Bet on collaboration tools: it is important for companies to invest in collaboration tools so that the team gets closer to the other areas of the organization and can work together and unified.
- Centralize data analysis: The company must have professionals such as IT engineers and data scientists, working together and collaborating with business units to develop more and more useful insights.
- Increase security initiatives: Keep in mind that cyber threats are increasingly present in the corporate world, so it is essential to review security strategies and the role of technology in protecting corporate systems and data.
- Prepare IT to deal with changes: the world of technology is always updating and it is ideal that your IT team is prepared for this by understanding technological trends and providing cutting-edge solutions.
Keep these guidelines in mind to build your ideal IT team and don’t hesitate to have it in your company as soon as possible. Remember that your ideal team can also be hired externally at Heinsohn we provide talent from all seniority levels, different technological expertise, bilingual skills, and diverse roles. From testers, QA, developers, UX, architects and PM.